The WG-WW consists of the following activities.
• gather individual observations of water level & waves and guard continuous delivery;
• harmonize data, present them on the NOOS website and deliver to NWS portal;
• gather individual forecasts of water level & waves and guard continuous delivery;
• present them on the NOOS website and deliver to NWS portal;
• assemble a new Bayesian Model Averaging forecast based on individual national forecasts;
• redistribute and display information with Matroos data server of Rijkswaterstaat;
• evaluate forecasts and find clues for improvement;
• Assess the quality of a multi-model ensemble product;
• Insight in wind forecast as basis for our water level and wave models.
This working group will replace former working groups ‘Water level data exchange’, Wave data exchange’ and ‘Wave forecast exchange’.
The exact scope is in development. At the starting meeting of March 9th 2021 we agreed on the following subjects:
- Data exchange
- Reference levels
- Evaluation, quality control
- Relation to other (eu) data projects
We will start to describe the activities per subject this spring and display details in the site and in the ToR document.
For now the overall leadership is in hands of Jacob Wolge Nielsen and Marc Philippart