27th of October between 14:00 and 16:30 CET (UTC+1)
Due to the pandemic crisis, the traditional NOOS annual meeting is replaced by a short virtual meeting, focussing on informing NOOS members about recent developments and electing the new NOOS steering committee.
The steering group is well aware that this format will drastically limit the exchanges between NOOS members. This is the reason why we would like to discuss the opportunity to organise a series of NOOS webinars in order to allow members to present recent national developments and/or national/European projects.
Documents presented at the Annual Meeting
- Chair report – short update of the activities done over the last 12 months
- NOOS working group progress report (By WG chair)
- NOOS ambassadors report
- Confirmation of the NOOS ambassadors list
- EuroGOOS office report
- Election of 2 co-chairs and 1 steering group member (alternatively, 1 chair and 2 SG)
- Received candidatures to co-chair : Sébastien Legrand
- Received candidatures to SG : Jacob Nielsen, Annette Zijderveld + unelected candidates to co-chair
- For discussion:
- NOOS webinar to replace the member report?
- NOOS annual meeting 2021: thematic workshop, date and place
Actions list and decisions
- cf : the Action list of NOOS Annual Meeting 2019 remains valid until the NOOS annual meeting 2021.
- A specific meeting about NOOS WG on sealevel and waves will be organised, likely during December 2020.
- Johannes Schulz takes the leadership of the contact group on environmental impacts of offshore windmills parks and renewable energy
- Sébastien Legrand has been re-appointed as NOOS chair for a 4 years term.
- Jacob Nielsen and Annette Zijderveld have been appointed as NOOS Steering Group members for a 4 year term.