Registrations are open to the OceanObs’19 side event that will bring together ocean scientists from across the globe to discuss the important role women have served in shaping oceanography. As part of the OceanObs’19 conference week, this event will include a discussion and reception as we pay tribute to great women scientists and inspire the future generations for a more inclusive, robust, and forward-leaning discipline.
- Wendy Schmidt, Schmidt Ocean Institute, USA
- Barb Kirkpatrick, Gulf of Mexico Coastal Ocean Observing System of the Integrated Ocean Observation System, USA
- Karen Helen Wiltshire, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research Alfred Wegener Institute, Germany
- Juliet Hermes, South African Environmental Observation Network, South Africa
- Rosie Alegado, University of Hawaii, USA – panel host
In addition to these prominent women sharing their vibrant stories of mentorship and leadership, this event will invite ambassadors to act as the reception hosts.
EuroGOOS is on the international programme committee of this event.
Registration deadline: 18 August.
Further information and registration here
The post Breaking Waves, Breaking Barriers – celebrating women oceanographers at OceanObs’19 appeared first on EuroGOOS.